Monday, May 18, 2009

NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS

Thanks for all of the great recipes--and such different recipes, too! I can't wait to try them.
Keep those recipes coming--If we each post just one recipe a month, we'll have plenty of new recipes on a regular basis.

I found this great website that I thought you all might be interested in: http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php
You can get a nutritional analysis on any recipe. I've tried this on other sites, and it was very tedious--searching their database for each ingredient. On this site, you just input the ingredients and number of servings according to their format (using their abbreviations, spacing, etc.), press enter, and PRESTO! --You've got all the info you could want--calories, carbs, fiber, etc. Sometimes it will ask for more details--If a red flag appears next to an ingredient, you need to change how it's worded--the flag is yellow when the ingredient has been counted.
Now, just today I visited the site, and the "enter" button was not visible. If that happens, after you finish inputting the ingredients, hover the mouse over the area just below the ingredient box (bottom left corner below box), & when the cursor changes to the little hand, click there. The nutritional analysis still worked. It could have just been my computer--it likes to mess with me...

No comments: